View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 07:48 AM

A similar injury happened to a friend of mine (Ron) a few years ago. We were in a dual sport event and during one road section, I slowed from 90+kmh to about 60kmh for a rail crossing. He was behind me, fiddling with his GPS and not paying full attention to what was ahead of him. He ran into me and his leg got pulled in by my rear tire. It pulled him right off of his bike and at the same time his bike(now riderless) became attached to mine on an angle such that it was trying to go to the right while I was trying to go straight ahead.
Somehow I didn't crash and was able to get everything slowed to a halt and was forced to drop the whole mess in the middle of the road about 80 feet after the impact. Ron's thigh was between my rear tire and the shock the whole time and he got the enjoyment of being dragged across a set of RR tracks as well. That made some kinda noise I'll tell you: a knobby tire grinding away on things it's not supposed to.....He was wearing a new Speed and Strength jacket and pants combo and it was shredded pretty bad in various places.
The back of his thigh was pretty messy, as an area about the size of an iPhone had all the skin removed by my rear knobby. Thank god I didn't have a studded tire on...........yikes!
He did walk it off and we got him patched up and he chose to keep riding........