View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 09:36 AM

Default Aerobics

Hi, I just turned 51 and am still having a blast riding my EC 200 here in WV. I've been riding since 1969 and have figured out I have zero natural ability, but I love to ride the woods! I lift weights. Tues - squats, leg curl, leg extension. Wed. bench press, butterfly, biceps. Thurs. shoulder flys or presses, shouldeer shrugs. Fri. back, rows, pull downs etc., triceps. I do these early AM before work, this all helps, but I saw biggest improvement when I bought a road racing bicycle - huge difference in stamina. The deal is cooling, the road bike gives me plenty of cooling airflow at 10 to 20 mph, and hills realy build strength. The airflow lets your body work harder without overheating, that's the difference. Only caveat, if you haven't ridden, takes about 2 weeks to break your butt in to the racing saddle, after 2 weeks, no more pain. The evening rides greatly help me to de-stress from work as well. By the bye, I ride a Specialized Roubaix. Best of luck, and at 51 years old, I am still doing pretty darn good, if that helps.