View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 02:11 PM

So starting to get a little frustrated with getting the jetting dialed in on my GP300
I started with an N3CJ 180 main and 42 pilot A/S was about .75 turns out. After a long section lugging the bike I would get an idle surge which sounded like the bike was hot or lean. The bike was not hot and this only starts happening after lugging the bike for an extended time.
So I am thinking I am way rich so I put a 175 main, 40 pilot in and changed to a NEDW needle. So improvement here but not huge. Still got the surging but would stop about 30-40 seconds of idling.
So figuring I was still rich I dropped to a 38 pilot, this gave me a severe lean bog off idle only thing that would get rid of it was turning the idle screw all the way in. So I know I'm lean on the pilot I went back to the 40.
I think I am getting a lot of unburned fuel accumulating in the head, and pipe that is causing the surging. Now one thing I did notice as I was closing the shop last night that my idle was pretty high. Wondering if this could be the problem, where would this affect the jetting?
Now one other thing in the mix is I have been riding with 13/48 gearing that came stock, just changed to my normal 13/50. I just want to get this bike to how my 13 ran, unload it off the truck put it in 3rd gear, get back to the truck and take it out of third gear.
Does anyone have any insight?