View Single Post
Old 07-26-2019, 02:07 PM

Default EC 300 Ignition Cover Gasket

Today I had taken off the ignition cover of my EC 300/2019 to check if any gunk or crud has made its way inside. Needless to say that the original gasket ripped into pieces when I took off the cover.

No problem I thought as I have a gasket on the shelf which I had ordered for my GP 300/2018 but never used it.

Its part number is ME94500GG-CAB-1 and it did not fit as all holes for the bolts of the cover were for size M6 bolts. On my bike in two holes were fitting sleeves with about 8mm diameter which were simply too big for the small holes in the gasket. I tried to make the holes bigger with a hole punch, but the gasket was too narrow.

I assumed that this was the wrong gasket as a look in the spare parts list showed ME94500GG-CSK-1 to be the right one for the 2019.

I then checked if the ignition covers were different but they both have the same part number

Thats the gasket and red marked the two holes which are too small...

Thats one of the fitting pins...its inner diameter is bigger than the hole in the gasket

I did not find the fitting pins in either parts catalogue, but in both the ignition cover has P/N ME60100GG-CBR-3.

Am I missing something