View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 02:48 PM

Default Suspension Linkage bearing stuck

I have a 1998 ec250 that very rarely gets ridden, its actually been a few years since I've ridden it. I've been keeping it at my dads house because my brother occasionally rides it. Anyway, he called me a few months ago saying the rear shock was locked up. I suspected the linkage bearings, and I was correct. I brought the bike to my house and tore it down.
When I got the linkage off, the bearings in the rocker arm that attaches to the frame fell out in a pile of rust and shards of metal. The needles did at least. The races are very stuck. I made a little press tool with all thread and sockets, no good. I tried to press out with a vice, no luck. I applied heat to the rocker, nothing. Against my better judgement, i started cutting out the outer bearing with a small chisel. Thought if i worked on it a little it would pop out, again, I was wrong. Got about half of it out, and chewed up the sleeve a little.
I've searched and read every thread on linkage, and from what I gathered you can press the bearings all the way through from either side, right?
Anyone looking for a parts bike?