View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
What makes you think it is overheating?

What makes you think the powervalve isn't opening? Seat of pants, or have you physically confirmed?

It all sounds very odd. I would do the following based off what you've said.

Drop crank case drain plug. Make sure you don't have excessive 2T in the cases.
Replace the plug.
Physically check RHS engine (powervalve actuation/governor/clutch assembly).
Check stator side seal.
Change transmission fluid to fresh oil.

None should set you back too much in time or dollars.
It revs very bad from the point where the PV should open and clean "on the pipe" sound should be heard. It sounds like a box of nails, and doesn't rev too much beyond that point. Didn't physically check but will do and come back with the result.

The plug was replaced 17-18 engine hours ago, i'll change the oil and see if i find anything bad down there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBrider View Post
I wonder if the primary side crank seal is going bad?? it could be sucking in a little transmission lube.

Also, pull the PV chamber on the left side of cyl and make sure it's not clogged with unburnt 2 stroke oil.

RB
What seal are we talking about ? I don't understand much from the term as i don't have too much experience with engines and terms. If i see it on the parts breakdown i'll understand it's role and will be able to investigate further.
Is it numbers 4 and 9 on this image ? Witch would mean i have to split the cases to change them right ?

I'll take down the right side and left side PV covers, and clean it all up. See if it makes any difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barossi73 View Post
Im surprised it ran with the exhaust plug in at all!..it really shouldnt

Do you wash bike between every ride?
Or ride deeper water
Maybe your gettin water in the system via airbox?check filter is fitted right with fingertips
Have you thrown away or at least opened up the rubber duckbill drain on your airbox?otherwise everytime you wash you half fill the airbox and will not drain.
Water in the exhaust pipe?
Esp if you use pressure washer.
In light of the fact it ran with exhaust plug in id check your pipe/can joint.could also let water inside pipe when washing

Otherwise suspect small coolant leak.check head bolt torque
It ran very very bad with the plug in, but it did ran. I started to look immediately and that's when i have found the plug in.

I wash the bike with the power jet maybe once 3 rides and always start it up and get it up to temp after the wash to make sure any water that gets inside will be evacuated. Pipe seals are new, 17-18 engine hours but i'll check them and all the joints.