View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFRDave View Post
I hope the "Powers that Be" will hear our little voiced crying in the darkness for information.
I put this thread together in the mean time until the GasGasWiki gets up and running. Hopefully, this is satisfactory for now.
http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1959

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFRDave View Post
As a matter of fact this websight could be doing harm to the Gas gas reputation. ...I saw a lot of people having trouble with their gassers. There was the carburator problems, the kickstand issues, squishband, kickstarter problems, and the list goes on.... The truth is that out of thousands of people who own Gassers a few people have had a few problems with various parts of the machines (its just that all of those problems were concentrated here)..
This is true with any "brand-focused" forum. These forums act as a support group. All brands have their issues, some more-so than others. Look how many issues are discussed on KTMTalk. You can also see similar "problem issues" discussed on forums such as ThumperTalk in their sub-forums (based on individual brands). The point is all of these forums discuss issues with bikes and they provide a means for us solving our own issues.

I spend a good deal of time on many other forums. One of the key aspects for me to return to GasGas was this website. On GasGas Rider's Club, we act as a very close-knit group of riders. There is no bashing going on... only people reaching out and trying to help others. IMHO, it was this website and a solid performing bike which made the decision easy for me to return.