View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 03:41 AM
Site Sponsor

Default Some news

Greetings from Portugal!

i would love to be able to put everyone's minds at ease about the entire thing but I don't have definite news just yet and only have been getting bits and pieces so far. I can tell you that KTM in the new collaboration will NOT be supporting the current/older models with parts, but the Girona (GasGas) facility will continue to support and work with their current vendors to maintain parts access.

Things are and will be changing, some buyers may go, but some new buyers may come with the power that KTM has for marketing and advertising! Look at what they have done already. Coldenhoff on MXGP, Taddy at the Superenduro, Sanz racing Dakar. They are not afraid that is for sure and they wouldn't be where they are now if they didn't know what they are doing.

GasGas had poor, poor upper management for the last 8 years... it was BEYOND frustrating trying to work with them and get things moving forward. Someday i will write a book or a blog about it all, lol.

I do have meetings next week in Barcelona with the new Austrian GasGas company manager and i hope to have definite answers and a plan to share with our dealer network as they all have been patiently waiting. I will share this with them first the last week in November and then will share with everyone here.

In meantime...how about our club team over here!! 9th place overall in clubs so far out of 124 club teams. Bikes have been running awesome with only a footpeg spring, replaced a chain (aftermarket was on the bike) and a magura clutch master was leaking slightly. USA World Team moved ahead of Australia in the rain yesterday as did the USA women. Junior team is in 2nd place.. while XC GEAR club team is running away with the overall for club teams.