View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Overstreet View Post
No big secret here. Pretty common requirements at most corporate test rides. Obviously I didn't include that little requirement like having the proper riding gear, but then again I wasn't counting on being quoted from a PM. So now you know.

I did forget one thing and not directed at you Zrt but since you opened the door...

We do reserve the right to refuse anyone a test ride, for any reason. That being said and most specifically....you show up smelling of alcohol, or seen with a beer in your hand earlier, you won't be riding a GasGas that day.

Also, a "newbie" to off-road riding is usually easily spotted but sometimes one will get thru the process. We all started somewhere but signing up for a test ride on a 250/300cc 2 stroke, knowing that you have only been riding for 2 weeks on a TTR 230, might not be a good idea. At any point that you look to pose a potential threat to yourself, another rider, GasGas property or the host property, your test ride will end.

I pulled 3 riders off bikes at Round 1. You guys might get a chuckle out of this...

#1 rider simply didn't have the experience to handle a 2 stroke race bike (and she was a MSF instructor)

#2 Was very dangerous to herself and fellow riders on the course, and had very bad attitude when asked to ride responsibly or get off the bike. Is everyone from NJ mad, all the time?

#3 rider "whiskey throttled" a 300 right off the start. He was either too new of a rider, or too stupid to know what the bike was capable of. As I picked him up from the ground, he confessed to have only ridden 3x in his life and that was his brothers XR80.

Sometimes, simply asking "Are you an experienced rider" doesn't always provide you with the entire picture

Fun stuff Ya'll come.
No offense taking at all Rod and All Very Good points. I did get a good chuckle of the 3 riders you took off your bikes.