View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 09:07 AM

Default EC300R '09 Jetting recomendations?

The bike is a euro EC300 racing 2009 model, compression is good (recent topend), clean air filter, pv looks goods etc. Was bought used thus no idea about stock specs and jets/needles/settings etc

The symptoms are increased consumption and a bog/hesitation low to middle rpm's and then it hits hard for the rest 3-4K rpm. It's not linear and crispy as it should. It needs about a sec on full throttle to rev away from middle rpm and after pulls strong as it should. Can't complain on low rpm but it's not linear This behavior exists from the first time I bought it so can't compare... About consumption, tested with my buddys gg300 06, same type of conditions and riding, he was left with almost 3lt more fuel...

Here're the settings found after cleaning the carb:
Main : 175
Pilot : 38
2 1/2 out
Needle : N1EF on #1 (top position on needle)
Sea level to 1000
68 to 95F temps most of riding

Tried to set float height by blowing with air method and find where valve closes, so I think I'm ok now... (floats mark parallel to the carbs body)

To be honest my experience is not that great with 2 strokes and don't expect my jetting to be spot on. Checked once the plug and didn't give me an indication of overly rich or lean condition.

What do you think I should do next? Diff needle?
Thanks in advance...