Thread: The Fleet
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 08:20 AM

So we’ve been doing some riding. We were still having issues with the front brake sticking and locking up. So I rebuilt the caliper. Turns out one of the pistons had a bad o-ring that was jammed between the piston and wall causing it to seize up.

Also it’s got an oil leak. So countershaft seal and shifter seals are on the way.

Fork seals are blown a well those are here. I’ll get all this knocked out shortly.

Got all the leaks taken care of. New fork seals. My son rode it Saturday and Monday this week. He’s getting the hang of it. He’s been short shifting and yet to really stay in the powerband. So on the road that approaches the trail I told him just to stay on it. He finally found it. The smile on his face was great. He’s working on his clutch work as well. He’s still a little nervous to jump it, but on the wide open trails he’s not nervous to open it up. On one trail on Monday he found the power band and traction (it was very muddy) at the same time. Looped the bike right off the trail. Fortunately he bailed off.
In the far left bottom corner you can see the rear fender.

Fortunately it was at a switchback. So I had to move that tree it was wedged under and just push it down to the trail.

1999 GG EC 250 Six Days
1999 Cagiva Gran Canyon
2001 Aprilia Falco
2001 Triumph Speed Triple for my 20 year old
2000 GG XC250 for my 20 year old
2003 Honda Rancher 350 for the wife