Thread: 2019 ec300 fuel
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herdy View Post
l have dropped the pilot jet down to 40 which has made a bit of improvement and the spooge out of the exhaust has about gone ..but still have oiled two plugs..both while warming up the bike ...if my thinking is right it is still rich on the pilot as the engine starts instantly with out choke?

i am just going to check float height and try a 38 pilot jet as my next step

at the moment I'm running Motul 800.. 90cc to 5 litres (55:1) 175 Main 40 pilot and the EF needle middle clip sea level about 12 to 14 degrees c. Isle of Man UK
Hi Herdy,

I would not recommend the 38 pilot jet. Had similar problems on my 2018 bike and after discussing the issue with James (Dean) he recommended not to use anything smaller than a 40 pilot jet.
The stock needle seems to be the problem and additionally the too high float level.
The Motul 800 has an incredibly high flash point of 253 degrees Celsius and if you are not a very fast rider being WOT most of the time its not the right oil. Other oils have a lower flash point and burn without residue and reduce spooge.
The 2018 and 2019 Gassers seem to produce more spooge than its predecessors. I know 4 guys owing 2018's, GP's as well as EC's they all have the spooge problem. One of them belongs to the fastest guys on the planet and is a factory rider and even his has a little spooge on the can.

Hope you'll get it sorted soon and can enjoy this brilliant bike.

BTW, it seems that the US petrol is different to what we use in Europe...

Cheers
Doc