View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 01:32 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Size and weight wise it's an easy transition. I'd had KDX 200(s) for about 6 years before I got my EC250. I liked the KDX, but straight away I (mostly)liked the GG more. They feel quite similar, I would rate the GG more nimble - it somehow "feels" smaller than the KDX. You do tend to sit higher on the GG, where you sit "in" a kdx. I almost never sit down anyway, but, the GG definately has a stand up riding slant to it - it happens naturally, you can feel the trials pedigree of the GG. As far as engine/power goes, I guess it depends on how your KDX was set up - with a decent pipe they go pretty well, also depending on what pipe. I can't really comment on the GG200 power, I have only ridden Noobi's a bit, and I must say I thought it a little "dull" compared to my 250. Just my opinion, but I wonder if the change from a KDX200 to a GG200 is actually worthwhile, with regards to power, at least... but there's alot more to getting a newer bike, obviously. The KDX (if set up, and not so much if it's a 220) will rev it's little heart out all day - they are super smooth and bullet proof. I found at first my 250 vibrates a bit, but I don't notice it now. It is harsher to ride than the KDX, both engine and suspension, but can be pushed alot harder.
Personally, I find the 250 great, it's so much fun to ride, I steer with the throttle alot and found that didn't work so good on Noobs 200.
Now I've BS'd on so much I forgot what the question was, but the thing is, I still ride my old KDX sometimes (sold it to a neighbour), and I'm always glad to give it back to him and get back on my Gasser!!