View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasTimppa View Post
Just remember that you can't connect it with AC power. Euro bikes have small rectifier connected between bikes and trailtec's power wire.
I went through all the electrics on mine a while back when the headlight stopped working (2010 model). It came stock with the Vapour unit which runs the same connections. It has the small rectifier you speak of but it seems to have failed as my unit never lights up anymore when the engine is running, where it always used to, and then would intermittently. I did run the multimeter over it but can't remember what figures I got. It doesn't worry me too much. It seems to run long enough off a small battery still.

From the trailtech documentation though: External power input - 9.0-400 VAC/VDC (No polarity requirements.)

I have also had trailtech send out the attachments in the past for free when I ordered a replacement speedo sender. You could probably wire one up to the 12V yellow (female) for power or the red wire from the black connector. If you disconnect the black connector #1, or unravel it you may find it has more doubled back. To me it looks exactly like the small inline rectifier I have on mine.

From http://www.gasgasmotos.es/en/manuals.html - the owners manual (not exploded) for a 2012 EC 300 Racing, pages 16 and 17 have the wiring diagrams for both styles (same as the post above).