View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyo View Post
I don't have a go pro so I wouldn't know which way to mount would be better but I can say from a viewers perspective that I like watching the ones that are mounted to the helmet. Seems like the picture is more stable and when you go up hills, you aren't looking straight into the bars. Just looks more like it does when riding when it is on the helmet. Just my opinion...and we all know what those are like.

I have often wondered about it catching tree limbs and stuff though. I'd hate to get ripped off the bike like that.
A bit off topic, but I find that near eye level gives the best rider perspective. Mounted under the visor gets close. Now whats the risks involved in this once in a crash?? Head trauma? Once you move the camera on to the top of the helmet the view changes again and I don't really like it too much. It looks a bit weird and you end up with the visor blocking off the view a bit too. I personally go with chest mount as its neat and tidy, easy to turn on and off, never catches anything and I like being able to see the bars at work.