View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 03:24 PM

Default We got a good deal

You are right: both the buyer and I got a very good deal ($1525). It went to an enthusiast in MA (one John Adams - no, not our second president - he's not that old!). He has restored at least one Gas Gas machine, regretted selling it, and was stoked to find mine. He wants to ride the pavement legally in between trails thru the woods. The '98 Pampera is ideal for this. He's very excited, while I'm getting a bit nostalgic about all the great times I had on this bike - Colorado Trail, SW CO, Canyonlands SE UT, Zuni mts NM, Chuska mts AZ. 1998 was a vintage year, to be sure; I did not know it at the time how lucky I was. I got a clue when (experienced) guys in Silverton, CO on big Hondas were freaked out when they tried to ride sections of the Colorado Trail that I'd completed and said were "exciting" (admittedly I rode with white knuckles, but I didn't tell them that!). They told me they turned back in abject fear - the CO Trail is gnarly to put it mildly. They came over to my campsite to drool over my bike. Ditto when I went to the Needles area of Canyonlands at Elephant Hill and beyond. John used lots of !!! when emailing me how excited he was. I'm glad my brilliant little bike will get a good home... that's better than money!