View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 06:28 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I will report back but it maybe a little while before I get to play with the 125 with work travel and high school graduations.

We are running 93 pump gas in all of our bikes using a mix of Klotz R50 and Motorcycle Techniplate. I did not notice pinging on any of the bikes except for my 327 big bore which has 0.04" (1mm) squish and higher compression. Before the big bore kit, I it ported and cut the cylinder base for more low end / mid range power. This also helped correct the huge stock squish.

Before I installed the STIC, I advanced the ignition timing for more low end and midrange torque. After the STIC I reduced the pinging when I retarded back towards stock ignition timing. Additionally, I am pretty heavy at 250lbs with gear so this bike sees some load. 😉

While I know I can address this with more octane, I am pretty close with the current set up using the NEDG needle running 93 octane. The 327 only slightly pings now under heavy load, only when the dual map CDI is set for the sunshine advanced position. BTW- the bike has more power now in retarded / rainy day mode than it had previously without the STIC in advanced / sunny day mode.

I plan to try a richer main jet on the 327 and if that does not do it I will add a thicker base gasket to increase my squish to 0.05" (1.27mm).