View Single Post
Old 09-13-2020, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerj View Post
I've been planning on making a (long) post that delineates all of the starter fixes. gg3, you have done a good job of hitting them and I have done them all, and still "no start". Just a thunk on the second press of the button. But things did work better with the original GG starter - sometimes after warming up it would work, thought starting was always inconsistent.

My contribution to the current thread is this - my dealer believes that the most recently available GG starter does not work as well as the original GG starter (including the other brands that we have to reverse polarity on). This has been my experience also (after frying the original, I've tried a two aftermarket brands and a GG "oem" that had to have the polarity reversed).

So it is possible, Sky, that your new starter is not what the old one was.

I am looking for Rieju to start supplying what I hope will be the "original" starter - and then I will try again.

Part of my desire now is just the challenge of trying to figure out why it doesn't work! There must be something that can be done - why problems on this bike and not that one??!

So I feel the pain.

And low voltage at the starter indicates something amiss. Sorry I do not know if a "faulty" starter can sap that voltage, or if it is further back in the electrical system. I suppose if you unhook the positive cable from the starter and measure again you could verify that the proper voltage is (or is not) getting clear down to the starter.

Let's keep trying to figure this thing out!

Jeff
Maybe dang nab it