View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 07:14 PM

did you cut off the whole exposed part of the shaft as close to the seal and case as possible?
And by sledge I really meant a healthy hammer (3 or 4 pound), not a small claw hammer used for nails.
At this point you have the right (clutch side) case and kickstart removed, right? If it still won't drive out knocking it from the left side, use your dremel or die-grinder to cut the shaft off on the clutch side and drive it out from that direction. Take care to cover, remove or whatever is necessary to keep the filings off of and out of the clutch basket, bearings, etc.
Sorry but I'm not sure what you mean by "square piece". When I had mine apart seems that the shift shaft pretty much slid out all on its own, any parts attached to it were easily removable. I may have needed to use some emery cloth sandpaper to clean off the splined side a little as the clearances are a little tight.
It's been awhile since I have had mine apart so maybe someone else can give a little advice also???

(edit... GasGasMan to the rescue while I was typing!!)

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)