View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 10:10 AM

Adam,

Depends. Right now the GG 450 is setup as a street Supermoto so that puts a different spin on hard. It's setup with 13-36 gearing so at times I will ride it for a mile or so at 85 mph. Most of the time I ride from 35-75 mph on mountainous paved roads. Ride it like I was on a paved Motocross track. With it's 2 quart oil capacity and dry sump it make for a perfect Street SM.

I had a 510 Husky which I thought was a little faster but not much. The GG and the Husky handled about the same. Very nice. I just didn't think the Husky had much life expectancy on the road compared to the GG.

In comparison my DRZ 400sm handles awful. In corners that the GG feels well within it's limits the DRZ feels scary. However from 75 mph up the DRZ feels much better. It will cruise at 85 mph without much bouncing around maybe because it weighs more but also because it vibrates less and has a much larger exhaust system (over 2" id).

The GG has a cruising range of 80 miles(mpg 35-40mpg), the DRZ with its better gas mileage and 4 gal tank has a fill up range of over 200 miles(45-60 mpg). So for most of my riding I use my DRZ. Second would be the GG. Third most used is the 1000cc CBR. It's a good Highway bike and it's top speed on back roads is limited only by common sense(40-55mpg) .

I have dirt wheels for the GG and the DRZ but unless it's a casual ride on a fire road, the DRZ's dirt days are over. It would be unfair and dangerous to compare the 2 on dirt.

Anyway, those are my impressions.

Tony