View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhlinsUSA_tech View Post
What are your suspension set-up questions?
Well one question I have is basic preload settings on the rear Ohlin shock. I've seen a number of posts here about starting with 8mm of preload. So I'm asumming that 8mm is the amount of therads showing above the adjuster nut? I come from a road racing background and we always start set-up with sag, static sag & sag with rider on bike so the riders weight plays a huge roll in that. I guess what I should do is measure the static sag & rider sag & then take it from there at least I'll know if the spring is correct. What would be the correct sag numbers static/without rider & rider sag/rider on bike with gear? Right now there is 16mm of thread showing above the adj. nut. I bought my bike used (it's an 06 ec250) from a great guy off this forum who has posted a lot about suspension settings he asked me my weight & said he will set up the bike but I'd like to know if it's correct or not. And in the front there is no preload adj. so is there a sag number for the front? Or how do you know if the correct springs are in there? From what I've read about the Marzocchi shiver is that the fork oil viscosity & amount is how you tune em along with the clickers so I'm a bit confused there also. So if theres a sag measurement for the front at least I'll have a starting point.
Thank-you