View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 09:20 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven
Default Nkonyeni - Punchys

so this ride is in the middle of swaziland just about and a good spot to do some big climbs and ride a lot of rocks, lots and lots of rocks, so much so that half my pictures look the same so not so many to show this time.
I also need to get my gopro fitted because i have realized that i only take photos when we (I) stop and that is normally when i am stuffed and need a break, usually in the hectic rocks

the ride started from Sidvokodvo (try it out loud!) and followed a district road for a few miles then up an old jeep track onto the ridge.

you can see the path we are trying to find, but this was the nonsense we had to get through. Swaziland had a severe drought last year and then heavy rains early this year, and i think the invasive plants survived the drought a bit better. this is the single track we were following:

with a lot of this

A tetament to tubliss, no punctures (to my tires, i have been pulling many of these out of my knuckles and arms since saturday!!)

not all rock

there was an awesome gulley downhill after this that went on for ages - the kind of downhill that is so fun - a bit like a toboggan run - and was so long that your thighs start to really burn from standing. Then after this it was up the hellish rock climb known as punchy's (after a friend who discovered it shortly before being killed in a freak accident RIP!) This was a hellish long uphill of rocks and more rocks see below!

we had loose rocks sitting on loose sand on a steep incline where the only way to make progress was by sitting right at the end of the seat and having your front wheelieing along the tops of the other loose stones