View Single Post
Old 04-12-2022, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
You can't just disconnect the TPS on an EFI system. It needs to be reconnected and the TPS referance reset in the ECU. It undoubtedly threw an error code for the TPS. Basically the TPS is a potentiometer (variable resistor), on the throttle body and provides a voltage output proportional to throttle position. The ECU has an onboard ADC(analog to digital converter) that converts this voltage data and uses it(and other inputs) to determine fuel mass for injection, which is done by adjusting injector pulse width. When you "reset the TPS", what you do is store the value of this voltage data in the ECU when the throttle is closed, or a predetermined and mechanically set angle. This is now the referance point.

The Technoresearch software/cable is only $200 and worth it if your going to keep and maintain the bike. An AFR meter is nice but not a must have, you can tune trim by feel just like jetting the pilot circuit on a carb. Trim has little to no effect at larger throttle openings.
Hello, good, I'm new here but with old problems my name is victor and I'm from Girona I have a 2006 fse and it's giving me a bag I had a 2006 map and from one day to the next it didn't want to go anymore I opened the engine I put piston rings and everything his and nothing managed to go wrong but well I did not change 4 tps I have put as they say from zero to 290 reset and it drops to 4.74 and 63 in the 2 maps and with the 4 tps I have changed the map I have mounted the 2007 and exactly the same to 2006 it does the same to me any idea?

Quoteg