View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 02:50 PM

Getting to the plug on my 97 KTM 250 is a bear. It can be done and removed with the tank on with the Motion Pro flat ratchet plug remover. Still sucks especially with a hot motor. I use a really nifty little rubber boot on the spark plug that KTM supplies that gently seals against the top of the cylinder head when the plug is tightened so no dirt or mud can fall down in the plug hole.

Jetting is also a pain in the arse. I need to remove the seat and tank and shrouds to access my carb. To turn it so you can get at the floatbowl you also have to remove the chain protector at the countershaft sprocket. I just leave this thing off while jetting. You can have the seat and tank/shrouds off in 5 minutes but it's still just a major pain to do over and over again while making changes.

Glad to hear the GG is much better in this regard and makes you more inclined to play with jetting instead of living with not so perfect jetting because the carb is so hard to get to. It looks like the 08 KTM's are much better now with the new small cylinders on the 250 and 300.

I haven't fouled a plug in years either but I like to do throttle chops while jetting and that plug is stinking HOT to remove. No room for a gloved hand at all to remove it. Kevlar glove liners.

Skidad in mA