View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 11:56 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

I know Terrence hyde personally (it is a South African Product) and have mentioned some of the above to them. They were unaware of the second crank case drain hole, and when i mentioned the lack of instructions (it gets trikier when you fit front disk protector and recieve a bag full of bolts and spacers!) and their reply was that the instructions are on the web site.

I have also enlarged the oil drain hole, large enough for a toilet roll inner. This way i slide the roll in the hole and then remove the drain plug, this way no oil ends up on the skid plate .

Another mod that i have found to improve the skid plate is to use large (9mm wide at least) zip ties to replace the rear bracket (unless they have changed it recently i do not think the rear bracket lines up properly anyway) I also used the front GG bracket instead of the hyde bracket.

If you are finniky you can also put some protection (thick double sided tape/mirror tape) between the frame rails and the plate because evetually dirt and vibration will rub off the paint there.

I am not a fan of the sump and exhaust combo, and i think hyde is also not a big fan because he has just started producing carbon fibre exhaust guards!

A pressure washer generally cleans out any dirt that collects in there. The guard comes up quite high at teh front so does not collect too much mud