View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAl View Post
Ok so I am back home now. I uploaded the map to ecu. No errors. Now i will go to my garage,because its 10 miles from me and I will let you know if everything works. I am not sure about 450 map, as i cant remember if it was actual map or copied values from 450 to old ecu map. Thanks
Ok so im in my garage now. Fuel pump works then ignition switched on, i can control fuel pump and injector from GuziDiag, but then I am kicking it, im pretty sure that fuel pump and injector is not working. Any suggestions? Thanks
Edit: checked for spark and there is no spark.
Hmmm,

If you're not getting spark, I suggest cleaning the original plug and grounding it to the frame and test the spark that way. If still no go, then I suggest trying the original Piaggio BIN again and see if you get spark back. If so then something very odd is going on with the ECU and it does't seem to want to accept the modified BINs.

The Piaggio ECU probably has very different code for things like Temperature control, Warmup enrichment and so on. Potentially the BIN is waiting for some other function to begin spark, maybe some sort of immobiliser or something.

Can you see if the 450 BIN uploads? If it did *work* but was just really rich, then that is potentially an easy fix! But if it was just the fuel tables you copied over then it suggests that the BIN I sent you should be still giving you spark.

If the 450 BIN does not upload then I fear you will need to have the GasGas BIN modified to the same sort of *structure* as the Piaggio one. If you were to open a GasGas BIN and a Piaggio BIN in a hex editor, you will see that the code is in very different places. I'm not saying this IS the issue, but it looks like it could be part of the problem.

Firstly I think you should really figure out if the spark issue is ECU side or if its a failure somewhere else. Make SURE to check the resistance of the spark plug lead going from the coil to the spark plug, it should be around 5K-10K Ohms or so. I was having spark issues for a while and it turned out to be that cable was faulty.

As always let us know how you go