View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 07:56 AM

Default Need advice on buying my first GG

So I've been reading on and eyeballing gasgas bikes for probably 6 months now. First off, everything I read or see, I like and I want. I currently have a built xr400r and a built kdx200. I've been wanting a bike that divides the two and excels at what both the kdx and xr4 do. Xr4 is great for long trail rides and exploring for several days. The kdx is great for single track, tight technical stuff, and plane old having fun. I also want the option to plate. Naturally, I've found the GG ec250/300 to fit this bill.

I've been looking at GG bikes for 6 months now, more a
Specifically the ec300. What I found is that used bikes are rare and move fast, always within a month of posting, especially if plated. I've also seen a ton, and a mean a ton of 2011 bikes; what's up with that?

I've recently started looking at ec250's to brouden my search since finding a GG tough business. Is there anything majorly different between the ec250/300? I've heard the 250 is pretty tunable to make it ride smoother like a 300. I've also heard that some 250s came with a weighted flywheel and to look for those as they are less agressive when hitting the powerband.

I recently found a guy 2 hrs from me with a 2011 ec250. It's street titled and plated and has a few aftermarket goodies such as skid plate, aluminum pipe guard, flexx bars, cycra CRM guards, but besides those bolt ons it's seamingly stock. He's asking $3500. It has probably 50hrs on the top end he did in 2014. In my opinion that's at least $500 too high, any thoughts?

BTW I'm in Kentucky and will travel up to 6 hours for a bike. Please keep me in mind if you hear of anything around me!

Thanks for any and all information!

Luke