View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 05:40 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default 07 300 pipe interchange

OK I've done a search & I'm not keen on buying a FMF or whatever, so bear with me a mo, thanks.

So I'm buying an 07 300. I've ridden a mates & love the power as is.

Found a bike, The pipe has taken a hit & has a bit of a crease near the outlet. Says he hasn't noticed a power drop off, but I doubt that. So I have another pipe from a 200 which is the double skinned EC compliant or whatever version.

The first section looks identical so the plan is to cut that off & replace the squished version. I'll measure the inlet, length & outlet to see that the taper is the same.

But then I'm eyeing up the pipe on my 02 200 parked next to my mate's 07. The 200 has the std (in NZ) Messico pipe. It has a plate with BI-2600100K printed on it. Looking across the 07 300 has this same number stamped on it. So is this a part number, or some sort of compliance number?

Can they really have used the same pipe on the 200 as 300 for 5 years? The 300 pipe has GG stamped on it so it is obviously a different manufacturer, & the Messcico has a better quality nickel plating job, but could the design be the same one wonders? I'd have thought the 200 stinger would be smaller, ex outlet smaller & the tapers & overall length, but then again the 200 doesn't rev high & it may be a case of it works ok & only 50cc up or down from the 250.

Looking at my '03 parts fishe (don't have a '02) they give a different part number for 200, 250 & 300).

Any ideas?