View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Jeffs. I think you will find the N3CH right on the money with the 40 or 42 pilot. I am running an N3EG in mine. The CH is a half clip leaner, and a step leaner on the 0 - 18th opening.

I have N3EG#1, 38 Pilot, 175 Main. 100M - 500M, 20-30C, 60-100% humidity. Absolutely hauls. Smooth crisp responsive oodles of power from right off idle.. Truely transformed the bike!

Fuel consumption went from hitting reserve at 90km (after adding an extra L of fuel) to 110km reserve off the 9.5L tank.

I wish they all came jetted like this from the factory!
Man o man ... so many needles ..... I've plowed through needle chart comparisions, but without any real time on the bike I'm just guessing.

Ordered a CCK caused it seemed middle of the road ... I think ... trying to get my head around the tapers and lengths, diameters ... not to mention effects on PJ ... eyes glossing over ... how did I ever get through law school?

I read about the KTM needles (N3CH/G et al) but wasn't sure. Maybe too much info ... Who's prepared to venture an opinion and say that they are better or worse for the 300 Gasser at an elevation under 1000' (300M) ASL?

It's a mystery to me so any opinions on the N3 needles would be appreciated.

Guess I'll just bolt up what seems like a reasonable set-up and use that as my base point - I think for 15c (someday it'll be warm!), and 250M ASL this should be safe:

#7 slide
CCK needle -3rd clip
40 pilot
178 main
1 1/2 air screw

Cheers,

Jason