View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgasser300 View Post
OK, I did a little experiment the other day while out riding. I wanted to see just how much I still use my clutch even with the rekluse. I moved my clutch lever in on the bars so I couldn't reach it. Well it really screwed with me. I couldn't get used to not using it. I was surprised at how much I still use it. In and out of corners and climbing. I would really have to ride more without it to get use to not using it.
You know I was going to do this same thing prior to installing...... But I tool around on my bike too much as it is so I decided to just make the change and go with it.

And what a pay off it was. Within the first 5 miles I had it down.

It is hard to explain w/o actually riding one with LHRB (AND BELIEVE ME I TOLD MYSELF OVER AND OVER I WOULD NEVER EVER DO IT.....) With the LHRB it is so much easier to go from standing up to sitting down.
First AWESOME thing is it only takes me 1 sometimes 2 finger(s) to engage the brake (keep in mind I have the Brembo Dual Piston Caliper !!!!).
Second AWESOME is that I can come flying up to an obstacle or corner feather the LHRB lever, come into the corner and if right turn able to put my right foot down yet have rear brake control with LHRB --- Then BRAP back on the throttle and away I go.

I did have a few times when I was coming to a stop or finding neutral I would grab the LHRB thinking it was the clutch.... But that is no big deal to me and time will get rid of that.