View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhouse View Post
What does the spark plug look like ? If the water pump and other cooling system components are working like they should I would suspect it's lean, and by adding more premix oil your running it even leaner. Go up on your main jet if it's only doing it at wot and reassess.
I'll check the spark plug when i get back home.
Re: adding more premix will make it run even leaner, does it also explain why when i added the premix oil the bike ran a lot better and it didn't sound leaner anymore, for about 30 minutes until the next climb ... The 180 is the largest main jet JD recommends, should be rich enough so if i need to go one step larger makes me think the problem is elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman View Post
Do your radiator shrouds fit tight to the sides of the radiators? If you have a gap the air will flow around the radiator instead of through the radiator. You can use some foam rubber to seal the sides if you have a gap.
Nope, i have a 2-3mm gap between them and they are pretty bent and in poor shape (radiators). I know new radiators would work wonders, but i've used them like this for close to 1 year without issues so i'm planning to keep them for another 2-3 months. And it wouldn't explain the "sudden change" in overheating the engine from one ride to another.