View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
I very much doubt a 1% change in oil ratio has any significant effect on jetting. Loads of info online that it does, but really.. it's a small change in the grand scheme of things. A carb can't tell what the liquid it's atomising is made of, and the 2T oil still burns as well.

Water pump impellors? Could be not circulating enough? Have you popped the rad cap and had a look? Again, you'd expect there to be more circulation at high revs though and as such notice the boiling at lower revs.

How's airflow in general? Are you revving the tits off it in 1st and 2nd? or is it faster? I'd be inclined to try some fresh fuel and a new spark plug and work from there. Haven't changed the ignition from sun to rain or anything accidently which could be impacting? Isn't a blocked tank breather (or inline filter) slowing fuel flow to the carb and causing it to lean out on sustained load? Or even float level?
I did notice some some hissing coming from the tank cap, didn't payed attention to it and that's why i forgot to mention it. May be just as simple as that a blocked tank cap breeder ?

I'll have a look around different areas as you guys mentioned, hopefully it's something that is quick and easy to fix. Thanks all for the input, i'll get back with the results.

p.s. i was in 2nd gear, 1st was to slow for the trail we did felt like it didn't have enough speed