View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 02:01 PM

Finally got a plate/registration for my 07 300 Gasser today in MA. PIA for sure!

1st attempt failed (after a 1 hour wait) because used bike mileage, dealer signature and printed signature, dealer # info, was not filled in on the CTO. I did not notice that. Me bad! Had to send it back to him to get that all rectified and he also also noterized it a 2nd time which looked good on the CTO.

2nd attempt was almost a 2 hour wait at the Boston registry. Blood pressure off the charts and ready to go postal. I had all correct paper work and insurance info, bill of sale etc. this time, a stenciling of the VIN # from the steering head just in case they questioned it (closeup pics came out to blury), a full color photo of a 4 stroke Gasser with street tires, blinkers, big drop down rear fender in case I had to bluff my way through because the model type said "off road" on the CTO. She never noticed Than she had to call the Dept. Of Revenue because there was no listed value for the bike in the MA system Then I didn't have enough cash to cover all the fees and sales tax Quick trip to the ATM and back with more cash and back to the same person and everything went smoothly finally. No issues with the VIN thank god and I have my stinking plate and registration. GASG is what she used and thanks to everyone who let me know that important tidbit of info.

Time to put it back together and just ride.....just when I'm pretty sure I'm about to loose my job