View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skraMnoR View Post
That's kinda my point. Why mod a 250 to run "like a 300" when maybe I could just by the 300? The 3 300/2T bikes I have ridden directly after riding my 250, were all bone stock. Not jetted or modded.
They may have been jetted during predelivery if not by the owner themselves. I know I'm always harping on about jetting and such, but being a mechanical engine, fuelling is a major element in how your bike runs and the power it produces. Leave the choke on all day and go for a ride and see how it feels. Probably bad, but thats not to say your bike isn't already running bad compared to how it could be.

You talk about modding your bike. I'm talking about working with what you have. A few moments of your time and maybe $30 of your coin. A good excuse to take the bike for a casual ride with a mate, and a few beers after. The beers might cost more than the jetting experience. $30 vs $800 for a top end, which will still need to be jetted, plus time to install vs whatever $$ you will lose on trade to a new bike.

I'm not talking about going over the top investing to try and make your 250 run like a 300. I'm just saying give it a chance to maybe see if you can make it fit your mould. If after that you still aren't happy with it then you haven't lost anything and the 300 will still be waiting for you.