View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 09:48 AM

Just thought I would update this.

Tried a few things and think I have settled on something that I like for now.

Tried the stack as before with the bleed stack flipped.
I had some 0.48 Springs from my KTM which fit but are a little longer equating to 13mm preload.

I found the forks non-compliant at my speeds 2-3rd gear mostly with 0.48 springs, didn't deflect as much as the Marzocchis but not plush or comfortable.

Pulled them down, checked everything.
Seems one of my bushings on the rebound piston is worn and possibly worn the coating on the damper tube oil was a little grey after a few hrs.
Rebuilt with standard 0.44 springs and fresh Putoline 5wt (22cst).

Took it to a track with MX and enduro loops and bike was almost unrideable. tried clickers and more rebound seemed to help, but not good. Was harsh, wouldn't hold a line but jumped great.....
Back to the bench and found a rebound adjuster rod hiding under a rag lol

Since I was in them again I decided to really soften things and see if I liked them.

Base valves now
4x 32x0.1
3x 32
30,28,26,24,22,20,18,16x01,
14x0.3
flipped bleed.

Float 0.4mm in 1 leg 0.3mm in the other (didn't have shims to try 0.35)

Redone everything with ISO15 hydraulic fluid, 15cst to free up the damping a little and its $10 for 5l vs $25 for 2l of fork oil! (also bled my clutch with it and it feels lighter)

Settled with a 0.44 and a 0.48 spring in each leg as didn't have time to revalve before race.

Rode my 1st endurocross and forks preformed really well. No deflection and comfortable.

Is there any way to move the spring perches so preload can be played with?
Was hoping to remove the stop and cut a new groove a bit higher up but cant figure out how to remove the stop without destroying it!

I think id be very happy with my current damping and 0.48 springs with minimal preload.

Yet to try the MX track with this but I can live with some bottoming as id usually be riding enduro and not jumping too big.