View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 07:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bark3rd View Post
I hauled my buddy and his new 2010 300 (Sachs shock) to the races this weekend and joined the crowds of people standing around drooling over this exotic machine. My KTM just sat there ignored by all-how could it compete with a bike with red hubs?? Anyway, I rode this thing around a bit and couldn't believe how different it felt compared to my KTM (08 250 XCWe/Rekluse with TT suspension mods). Im 205 lbs and this thing felt incredibly rigid, like a motocross bike. Very, very quiet and mellow too, almost like a KDX, this thing must have a monster flywheel in it. My buddy is a stone cold beginner and I would like to help him get his suspension dialed but I don't know these bikes. Another GG rider camping nearby said there is a brutal break in period for the suspension, cant remember how long he said it would take-10 hours maybe? My buddy is quite a bit lighter than me (about 170), so...should we leave it stock? The dealer set the sag with him geared up so I trust that it was in range. Any baseline info/settings given the info provided would be appreciated. (Texas rocks/roots/sand/enduro/beginner)

And I want one.
Gas Gas forum troller since 2007.....
Every suspension tuner who has looked at the Sachs says the shock is over sprung and the fork is under sprung. Send the stuff to Enduro Engineering or Cannon in Oklahoma City (aka House of Housepower). Cannon is also a GG dealer. I have heard good things about C Cycle in New England and Les in the NW, too. Cannon and EE are closer to you.
Clay