View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006, 10:12 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Great info in those shots! I never thought of using zip-ties to keep the radiator grommets in place. Thats a nice tip. I just noticed the other day I was missing one again. As far as the throttle cable dust protector I have always used a Zip-tie cinched down around the cable at the end of the dust protector and it stays in place good.

I could not figure out what the large rubber spacer was about on the picture of the top of the gas tank. A larger tank?

Wow I hope Gas Gas doesn't plan on producing black swing arms like in the photos. I'm not a fan of the black frame or forks either they just look really used to fast! It's like putting black rims on an off road bike. I don't like this trend! Sure they look awesome on the showroom floor but after a few hours of abuse, a few rock grinds, a spattering of roost, and general wear and tear they look like they have more use than they do.. I put Eline carbon fiber fork guards on my 06 before I ever raced it, to prevent the roost damage on the black fork tubes.So far I have been glad I did so as the guards look pretty dinged and scuffed up after half a season of racing.

Anyhow, thanks for posting these photos. Roscoe