View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 02:11 AM
Super Moderator

Don't know if its been posted - http://www.motocrosscenter.com/ecomm...67&language=en

But in saying that I'd support your local dealers where you can as they'll be the ones who keep these beautiful bikes coming into the country.

There are several sticker/decal sources I have used. I have been super happy with the RidePG kit I bought. Fully custom and has lasted well with no peeling.

Protection is P3, Scorpion Racing (I think they changed names? or just logos), Force accessories, just to name a few.

Engine wise its just a 2T. The magic is inside, and any 2T tuner will put you in the right direction. Stock porting is good, but some cylinders can use some cleaning up. Heads you can get S3/VHM that both look beaut, but won't work any better than stock thats been machined. Powervalve covers are available everywhere. Internally S3/Vertex make pistons, Wossner make forged, Wiseco also make them. Rod kits are interchangable from CR250s (early models). Bearings are available everywhere through suppliers.

Checkpointoffroad make some nice bits too.

Ohlins offer suspension, but its $$ and the Zoke CC are just as good or better from all reports. Like engines, magic is internal and a tuner will unlock its full ability (or match it to your riding ability).

Several sources for seat covers and foam now too. Wheelsets I'll need to source soon. I have a few flatish spots in my rear rim now. Nothing major, but visible if looking.

For me the appeal of the Gas Gas was that it already came with nice kit. I have still managed to spend heaps on it though, but only by choice. Not out of neccesity. It was simply me being happy enough with the bike to keep it another year and put some coins back into as opposed to buying new again. I was technically saving money