Thread: Mousse blow out
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2023, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryJ7 View Post
just wondering does anyone run TUBliss gen2? What are your experiences, are mouses better? If so, what brand?
I've run Gen 1 and Gen 2 Tubliss for over a decade now. I've also run Michelin bib mousse's.

If you like a more dead feel, and absolute zero chance of failure during a race if everything was done right, a mousse might be for you. If my last name was Jarvis or Lettenbichler then it would be the only thing I would run when money is on the line. That said, I hated them. They're a PITA to install and maintain, I hate the dead feel, and they are more costly vs Tubliss or UHD tubes.

I'll admit, I'm a Tubliss fan boy. I love being able to adjust air pressure to find what works best for any compatible tire, easier tire changes (even though some seem to not be able to do it ), lasts way longer than a mousse, and I can finish a ride/race even on a flat tire as long as it isn't a super soft sidewall type, and fixing a flat requires nothing more than a tire plug. I've had this setup now on four bikes, two KDX's and two Gassers, and don't see myself changing anytime in the future.
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220