View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 04:06 PM

Very tricky call on this... and I reserve my right to change my mind

I do like the fact that at least as of right now GG offers you the choice of the estart or kick models where KTM forces you to have the estart.

First for more market acceptance (read to pull in more buyers) I would like to see 48mm forks across the board and perhaps 50mm on the Nambotin. Beta has 50mm Zokes on their 2011 bikes across the board. Yeah, 45's work fine but I believe perspective buyers coming from other brands want to see 48's. Then there is the CC vs. OC debate

Ohlins shock....can't go wrong there in almost anyones mind.

The problem with the race models currently is they are way to stiff even for a top level racer it seems. I can't recall one person/review that liked the OEM settings from GG.

I say dump the race model or have Les at LTR give GG some real world setting that will actually work without rattling fillings out. Guys REALLY like that Six Day model and I would be tempted to leave the suspension in the more basic real world settings with all the nice extra features it has and upcharge it accordingly.

So what the heck am I saying? Jeez I'm not really sure and I have no clue what dealers are ordering to compare....

Base 125, 200, 250, 300

Base with Estart 250, 300

Six Day with base suspension but up charge for std. features..125, 200, 250, 300

Race with?? Stiffer CC forks and shock settings, cylinder head options, lighter ignition and limited bling...250 and 300 only. Don't think you need a race 125 or 200 as it's a tiny nitch market.

Nambotin...all the good stuff and bling. TTX forks or Zoke CC50mm, TTX shock and a sick paint/graphics treatment.

Now all this is well and good but what is GG doing about keeping the 2 stroke market from blowing up in our (their) face? I see allot of eggs in one basket here and this really worries me. Plenty of guys are still getting these bikes registered for trail use and the noose is tightening every year. We all know none of these bikes approach even close to being legal so does GG have a plan to address this?