View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 08:53 AM

The skid plate mount tabs might be a little late to the party being that so many plates are designed and available already, but should be considered in any future frame design change. What would be good is a hard pipe cage/guard system, like the Whipps (no GG part available) as part of the hard parts collection, and coresponding frame mount(s). Nothing too complicated, just a threaded sleeve welded in the lower downtube. Could also be used to mount a mudguard.

Triangulating the mounts for rad guards/braces add a lot of strength, and it would be easy at the factory, not so for the bolt on aftermarket.

Look into molding the airboot from a softer compound rubber. This will ease carb work and also make boot/carb alignment and subframe reassenmbly easier.

Oh, and how about a longer throttle cable standard.

Moto9,

The fit and finnish is apparantly a notch up on the '10 and '11 bikes including the shroud mounts. My '07 is pretty good compared to my '00 and '03. Although somewhat of a corner cutting measure, I never really had an issue with the shroud mounts. I remove the shrouds and tank as a unit for service, so I don't wear out the holes.