View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 12:40 PM

kdxtreme,

I can probably be of help here. I owned a very highly modded KDX220 and 2 KTM 200exc's.

On the KDX, I had done a KX125 fork swap and had them revalved for woods, I had done the RB head and carb mod and had changed the ergos by adding aftermarket tall pegs, SDG tall seat, woods bars, etc. I loved that KDX! It was a very effective woods machine. It has a smooth power delivery and is just snappy enough to be effective in the woods. It can be ridden a bit lazier.

The KTM 200's are very nice bikes. Very snappy power delivery and an absolute hoot to ride. They keep you busy though. You have to be active, especially in the tight woods. It rewards and aggressive rider.

Comparison between the 2 IMO, are that the modded KDX makes a better tight woods machine. The power delivery is more linear and smooth and it puts power to the ground better than the KTM 200. The KTM 200 has much better ergos is quicker reacting and more agile.

I have never owned a Gasgas 200, but would assume it would be closer to the KTM than the KDX in terms of power, ergos and agility.

I feel the Gasgas 300 is closer to the modded KDX in terms of ease to ride, but has many more advantages as discussed above.

Hope this helps.