View Single Post
Old 07-19-2020, 03:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
Finally got round to installing the new needle. Been pouring with rain here recently and too much else to do.
Bike definitely running a whole lot better! What a difference a needle can make! Not as boggy when pulling away from low revs. Doesn't require the throttle held half open to start it after stalling. Easier to ride slow.

If I've been pottering around slowly in 1st, then accelerate hard, it still has a bit of hesitation. Eg accelerates, flattens, then pulls away again. Once you do this once and let it "clear it's throat" it's crisp after that if I repeat the acceleration. How normal is that or can some more tuning improve this?

Tried different airscrew settings. 1.5 out was what I normally used. Didn't notice a lot of difference 2 turns out. Still learning to feel the difference. Even 2.5 turns out I didn't notice an obviously 'lean' condition eg expected revs staying high after blipping throttle.
What's your current setting?

I like to make sure the slide is almost closed. I want my bike to idle in neutral, but the drag of the clutch to be just enough to make it stall.

You'll never find a 'perfect setting'. If you run just right doing loops of the back yard you'll probably find yourself lean when out under some heavy loads. Acknowledge that there will be compromises and then tune for what works best for most of your riding.