View Single Post
Old 06-27-2018, 08:25 AM

They are the enduro bend.

To be clear: everything fits fine, even after taking ~ 3/4" off each bar. There's still a good 1/4"-3/8" of clearance between the end of the lever and the handguard.

The problem is that I cut 3/4" off the bar (thus moving my hand 3/4" closer to the center), but I was only able to move the master cylinder in maybe 1/8". So now my index finger is ~ 5/8" closer to the pivot point of the lever, thus reducing leverage, increasing pull force, and decreasing the size of the "friction zone". 5/8" doesn't sound like much, but it's definitely noticeable.

It's still plenty livable; I had the longest, toughest day I think I've ever had on a bike this past weekend with it like that, so I'm still more than capable with it. But I think it'd really help to be able to move it over a bit more.

After looking at it last night, I think there's a way I can modify the existing perch, and then make an adapter that'll space it out a little bit. I think I'll try that first, since it's free minus an hour or two of my time.