View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 11:55 PM

Before I started my own method for the SM conversion, I considered what your considering. Buy it online and bolt em on. Not so easy to do with an off brand.

Before I bought my GG I was about to purchase a new Beta and do a SM conversion on that. Same problem with that as with the GG. Bolt on stuff was hard to find.
Even worse with the Beta, no Beta forum and no online Beta parts suppliers. That killed the beta deal for me.

Another thing I mentioned earlier was that I was a little worried about buying bolt on stuff for the GG from someone saying they could make up a kit. What if it didn't all fit together right? What then?

I will admit, buying all the stuff and hoping that with a little ingenuity, I would be able to put all together on the first try gave me some concern.

But in the end, it all worked out. I ended up buying some things I didn't need and 1 piece of tubing I couldn't use. Bought the wrong size. But everything else worked out well.

The GG 450 makes an excellent plateable SM. Of course, since it's an excellent enduro, why wouldn't it be.

Tony