Thread: What To Eat?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 08:01 AM

Swazzi mat-

A three day event is a little more complicated, you need to eat foods that will also help you mitigate you lactic acid load so you'll be fresh for the next day. Grapefruit, oranges and fresh spinach are my best suggestions. I would really turn up the protein as well trying to get at least .75 grams per kilo of body weight. But your body can only assimilate about 25-30 grams per hour, so you must take through out day.

As well i would get a foam roller and any other device (including a wife or girl friend) to try and manipulate the acid. I used to lay down with my feet above my head for an hour each night. If you are well funded get a massage each night.

Beyond this get as much sleep as you can get. Try to get at least 10-12 hours per night.

Actually i would probably skip the girl friend or wife idea, unless they are super helpful and supportive. It is often easy for us to get upset with the ones we are closest with, managing your emotions and anxiety while competing is more important than anyone gives credit.

Last edited by boyscout; 12-27-2011 at 10:14 AM.