View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 11:02 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wypipo View Post
I?m a little confused about how to do the rear wheel. There seems to be another sleeve that is inside the inner race... is this actually attached to the bearing or is it a separate peice? It appears to be 3 sections. One inside each bearing and then a spacer.
If I remember correctly, there are two bearings on the sprocket side, and a circlip retainer on the brake side. Remove the circlip and tap out the brake side bearing using a drift inserted from the sprocket side, and the center spacer will fall out. Then tap out the two bearings on the sprocket side from the brake side. I recommend searching youtube for demonstrations before you get in too deep, jut to make sure that you are going the right direction.

Use a heat gun/hair dryer/propane torch (with caution) to warm the hub before removing the bearings. A little heat helps a lot.

Before you go to install your new bearings, put them in the freezer over night so they shrink a touch. Then warm up the hub just before installation and they should slide in (or go in with a couple of taps). Again, youtube for demonstrations.

Good luck!