View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyboy View Post
got myself a 2012 ec250e that i love to death. Owned it for almost 2 years. It has alot of hours on it from previous owner but she still rips.

For the last 2 rides I've changed out my needle to one from a jd jet kit (blue? Maybe red?) And it feels more responsive. The jetting on my bike is about there but not exactly perfect. I get a bit of spooge out of my exhaust (less after new needle.) And im 1/8th turn out on air/fuel screw. 160 main. 2nd pos. 40 pilot ride at 500-2500ft elevation CURENTLY. High hopes of some future high desert riding...

So now it's got me thinking. Do i spend a couple bucks and get a couple jets and get this thing running solid. Or shall I just bite the bullet and get a lectron. I hope I can get some feedback from those who have lectrons or other alternatives to the standard carb.

I guess I just really like the "set it, and forget it" aspect of the lectron vs pwk. It would be nice to load up and drive to somewhere with 3500-5000+ ft elevation and not worry too much.
Before spending a lot of money I'd re-consider the jetting of the current carb. If the AS (air screw) is out only 1/8 turn it is very obvious that something is pretty wrong. A normal setting would be between 1.25 and 2.25 turns out. So something is wrong and if you are lucky it is only the size of the pilot jet.

Even if I get kicked now I can tell you "set and forget" is a myth and only works if you can forget that your Lectron is not set perfectly. I have installed and set up a few so I know what I am talking about. The Lectron remains unimpressed for big altitude changes but a Keihin is only a tad worse. If money plays no role get a Lectron and forget everything you have ever learned about carbs when setting it up.