View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Brown View Post
Before spending a lot of money I'd re-consider the jetting of the current carb. If the AS (air screw) is out only 1/8 turn it is very obvious that something is pretty wrong. A normal setting would be between 1.25 and 2.25 turns out. So something is wrong and if you are lucky it is only the size of the pilot jet.

Even if I get kicked now I can tell you "set and forget" is a myth and only works if you can forget that your Lectron is not set perfectly. I have installed and set up a few so I know what I am talking about. The Lectron remains unimpressed for big altitude changes but a Keihin is only a tad worse. If money plays no role get a Lectron and forget everything you have ever learned about carbs when setting it up.
Yes my 40 pilot is definitely on the lean side. I was planning on going riding at higher elevation but ended up not going. Got a 45, 48 and 50 pilot coming in the mail.

I think Im gonna try a few different jets and needles first just to see how it does. My bike does have alot of hours on it from previous owner and me. Luckily a lectron/smart carb fits other 2 smoker bikes with 38mm carb right??