View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 09:48 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default Dunlop Geomax MX 31

If you are going to be riding the E-3 class in ISDE qualifiers, read no further than this... These tires suck, stay away from them, far away. For all else, read on....

I haven't read anything about them, but I ride in Western Oregon, on Hawaiian Ice clay, so I figured I'd go with the soft terrain tire rather than the MX 51 which is getting rave reviews.

The MX 31 is the best wet ground tire I've ever used, period. I was riding today with my brother in law who was running the Maxxis SI's, which we were pretty happy with. Well, today, I had a definite traction advantage. I used to run car studs in my tires during the winter months because the clay is so darned slick. Of course, you can't race with those, but for trail riding it was great. These tires are better than the studs. All the traction in the clay, but no slipping in the rocks. Very very impressive tire.

For anyone who is riding sloppy, guky, nasty conditions, these tires are the cat's meow.
AS far as longevity, I don't know, I have one ride on them, and they look great. Time will tell. If they stop working this well, I may get new ones anyway because they are so awesome.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs